Eheim classic canister filter ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

_skyla_

Aquarium Advice Addict
Does anyone have experience with one of these and might be able to help me out?
Mine eheim classic 350 canister was working great when I first got it which wasn't that long ago.
The intake doesn't seem to be sucking as hard as it was before and the out flow was a lot stronger.
I cleaned it out checked the impeller and the tubing I managed to get it flowing a bit better but it's just not working as we'll anymore. It doesn't seem to be picking up the free floating partials and junk in the water either.
The metal clips that hold the motor head on top also seem to not be fitting as tightly maybe they have stretched? Any way if anyone has any ideas of what could be going on I'd appreciate it.

How long have you let it run for? In my experience it can take a little while for the water flow to return to full pressure.

Other things to consider, are the valves fully open? Obvious I know but thought I'd check.

If it's still not working trying draining it of water and re-priming it...as gross as that is.

How long have you let it run for? In my experience it can take a little while for the water flow to return to full pressure.

Other things to consider, are the valves fully open? Obvious I know but thought I'd check.

If it's still not working trying draining it of water and re-priming it...as gross as that is.

It was playing up before I even cleaned it out its a bit better after I got some gunk out but not as good as it was when I first set it up and got it going which was only about a month ago. I have drained it twice but I'll try once more tomorrow I only primed it the first time the other times I just filled it up with tank water before I turned it on so ill try and prime it by sucking on the intake tube again. Oh and yes the valves are fully open :)

It was playing up before I even cleaned it out its a bit better after I got some gunk out but not as good as it was when I first set it up and got it going which was only about a month ago. I have drained it twice but I'll try once more tomorrow I only primed it the first time the other times I just filled it up with tank water before I turned it on so ill try and prime it by sucking on the intake tube again. Oh and yes the valves are fully open :)

Repriming once drained is the best I can offer. I have two 2217s and they both have had the issue with low flow re-priming fixed mine. Just wish the process involved less choking on tank water -.-

Repriming once drained is the best I can offer. I have two 2217s and they both have had the issue with low flow re-priming fixed mine. Just wish the process involved less choking on tank water -.-

Ok thank you I will try that then, yes it's not the nicest thing but oh well gotta do it!

Back
Top Bottom