Electric Blue Acara compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zigcy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys

Quick question, what other fish can one keep with EBA?

We have a 60L tank at the moment with 2 EBA (male and female). Now I know the tank is way to small so rest assure we are in the process in buying a bigger +-120L - 200L tank.

We are used to haveing the usual tropical tank schooling fish as well as Bolivian ram, Electric blue rams, golden rams, kribens and Convicts.

Regarding this tank we would like a tank with EBA and some compatible tank mates for them if its possible.

I have read that Bolivians and Kribens wont be good mates with them, is it true?
I was told that when I added kribenses with my bolivians and they dont bother each other at all except for the usual lip lock or getting to close to the territory.

Also snails like trumpet snail in the same tank as them, seems to be not a good idea?

Thanks

I'd focus primarily on getting them into an appropriate sized before before even considering additional stocking. Theyre pretty laid back for the most part, aggressive eaters. As a pair they will get pretty Fiesty with fry present. Anything on the bottom that gets close will get charged and potentially harmed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Only reason as to why I ask regarding compatibility is to make the right decision on tank size before we buy also.
We would love to have tank mates with them if possible, if possible we do want to have a tank with a decent size for the mates and the EBA together.

I have EBAs for maybe 4-6 months now...
7 in my 180g...
Their mates are 10-15 year old clown loaches[ 11] , and 4-5 year old Denison barbs[10]...
I would get as big of a tank as possible and see on fish that will be able to match size and speed at least..
They have a go at everyone in the tank at some point ,but that is just how they are.
In my tank the others are faster[ the roselines] or tougher[the clowns]...
When I stocked the EBA in my tank I had a couple of otos and rummynose I couldn't catch....The EBA made short work of them...

I have had mine for a while, full grown now. Sadly I had him and an angel since juvi in my 29 but now they will be moving to my 55. They arent bad, nor do they seem (to me) overly aggressive, until feeding time as the other poster said. He and my angel have recently started going at it but never so horribly that they NEED separation. I think I will be moving the angel first to let him establish space in the 55 first.
Anyway, if it doesnt fit in its mouth you are prob pretty safe, though he never even noticed my ottos. Though my acara had an odd taste for yoyo loaches, the clowns he never touched.

I have had mine for a while, full grown now. Sadly I had him and an angel since juvi in my 29 but now they will be moving to my 55. They arent bad, nor do they seem (to me) overly aggressive, until feeding time as the other poster said. He and my angel have recently started going at it but never so horribly that they NEED separation. I think I will be moving the angel first to let him establish space in the 55 first.
Anyway, if it doesnt fit in its mouth you are prob pretty safe, though he never even noticed my ottos. Though my acara had an odd taste for yoyo loaches, the clowns he never touched.

Don't blame him, I never liked clowns either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom