Electric blue acara

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellyx

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi, I've been looking at one of these guy's for a while and wondered if it would be a good choice for my elephant nose! He's in a 70g tank on his own and I've been pretty unsuccessful finding a companion. It needs to be peaceful but not overly shy as my guy does like to chase! If this isn't a good idea anyone have other suggestions?
Thanks

70 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.
7 gallon halfmoon betta and red ramshorn.

Should be fine, they'll dish it if needed but shouldn't be a bully.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks for the reply.
I'll go and do some more reading, feeding is perfect it'll fit in right with what my elephant nose eats. Just didn't want anyone getting rough lol

30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

There's no definite answer, cichlids temperaments can vary greatly, I keep 4, 3m 1f. They don't start problems but they don't back down either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My guy is the same, did think gourami but not so sure? Or more elephants but he's just under 12 inches as we found out when we measured him , that's when I thought acara? I just need to carefully think about it.

Back
Top Bottom