Electric yellow lab might be preggo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

russrimm

Aquarium Advice Activist
Help. I think my yellow lab is preggo. The lower part of her mouth is pooched out. It wasnt like that the other day. What do I do? I think I want to try my hand at hatching fry. I have a 5 gal QT.

Also, how do "Sponge Filters" work? I'm looking at them on Big Als and don't see any motorized section. Are they designed to go inside your existing pumps intake or something?

Thanks

Hm, did you just get it? If not, I don't understand how it could be when you only have 1.

sponge filter works off an air pump you will need and air pump to make it work.

could be a hybrid that she is carrying for eggs. Maybe one of the other cichlids fertilized the eggs

No we have had her for awhile. We just added another yellow lab (much bigger in size) a couple weeks ago so I'm betting it was him. I'm assuming it's a him since he's pretty big.

If she's in a QT tank by herself will she eat the fry or will she leave them be when they come out?

I think cichlids are usually faithful parents, no? or is that only certain ones?

Back
Top Bottom