Electrical

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think so it's just a surge or circuit breaker if you have a fault anywhere in your house whether it be a short in a line or water in the power board it will shut the power off to the whole house instantly ours obviously doesn't work so the land lord is gonna come try fix it up

Ground Fault Interrupter

Basically if you were in a tub of water and a hair dryer was turned on and dropped into the tub, the GFI would shut the power off (trip) preventing electrocution, any where there is water and electricity, (bathrooms and kitchens and salt water areas) they should be used

Ground Fault Interrupter

Basically if you were in a tub of water and a hair dryer was turned on and dropped into the tub, the GFI would shut the power off (trip) preventing electrocution, any where there is water and electricity, (bathrooms and kitchens and salt water areas) they should be used

Awesome. I plug my things in around 4-5ft from my tanks! Keeps it easily accessible and away from harms way and I always leave the water stop loops just incase

I use a water detector that will shutoff the power to my pump. One sensor is on the floor behind the tank and the other sensor is just above the water line in my display to stop the water before it can spill on the floor.

I use a water detector that will shutoff the power to my pump. One sensor is on the floor behind the tank and the other sensor is just above the water line in my display to stop the water before it can spill on the floor.

Where did you buy that at?

I just have to say guys that this site is awesome the amount of experience and knowledge is mind blowing and I for one appreciate everyone's input and help! When I got into reefing I joined several different sites and none hold a candle to this group of people. Again thanks guys.

I just have to say guys that this site is awesome the amount of experience and knowledge is mind blowing and I for one appreciate everyone's input and help! When I got into reefing I joined several different sites and none hold a candle to this group of people. Again thanks guys.

Your very welcome! You haven't seen the really knowledgeable ones yet. They like to hide and watch us o.0

Back
Top Bottom