Emergency Fish Paralyzation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamesfoad

Aquarium Advice Regular
This morning I woke up and I found one of my two zebra danios laying on the bottom of my 10 gallon tank not moving but it looked like it was breathing really fast. I went to get a closer look and she got scared to she tried to swim away and she just floats with the current. She can't move anything besides breathing and when she was "swimming" every few seconds it would look like she's having a seizure please help I have a topfin 10 filter with my heater set at 76 and I started cycling my tank four days ago

Usually when a fish is that far gone there really isn't much hope for it pulling through. That's the point when I use clove oil to humanely euthanize it.

Have you tested your parameters? If this is a newly cycling tank I would assume ammonia is the cause.

I haven't bought a testing kit yet and I'm just having the pet store test it

Do a large water change with temp matched, treated water. How long has this tank been set up? Check out our articles section for info on the nitrate cycle and cycling a new tank.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom