emergency help needed please help fast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pufferman

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok,

i was just checking my tank out before i went to bed and i couldnt find my coral beauty angel so i looked behind and saw him on his side and breathing heavily. I immediately checked all water parameters and came up with these results.

Am: 0-0.25
Nit:0
Nitrate:5-10
Specific Gravity: 1.019
Temp:79

My clowns are fine. I introduced some snails a few days earlier and that is all that has happened. He was fine in the morning and noon. I also moved the rock that he was near just in case he was trapped under it and he moved to the side of the tank. Please give any suggestions.

TIA

I would do a 20% water change to get your Am. to 0. Your Specfic gravity is really low, do you always keep it that low?

I would try and bring that up also (over time)

Do you have a QT you can move the angel to? One of the snails could have died and caused the ammonia spike. Agreed with the water changes. 20% every 2 or 3 days should help. Why did you introduce the snails? It is common for people with algea problems to put in a bunch of snails. They do a good job of cleaning up the algea but then may starve to death once it is gone. You should ensure they have an a constant food supply in order for them to survive. Good luck...Lando

fish

Some fish are sensitive and get stressed from sudden introductions. My friend had a yellow tang doing quite well for a while and when she introduced a Coral Banded Shrimp, it flipped out and hid under a rock until it got sick and died 4 days later. Maybe the case with yours IMO (if it isn't what the others have already suggested). Some time in a good QT with 0 Am. would do it good either way though.

sorry to tell you this guys but the angel died this morning. it happened just so suddenly. All the snails are alive because i account for each of their movements and they have all moved within 24 hours since i got them. The angel was with me for about six or seven months and it was doing quite well. The salinity has always been that low because the angel once was scratching so i lowered it just in case. Anyways, thanks for your help. Ill use the advice if something like this happens in the future. Its a very sad loss. I always get heartbroken to see a fish die in my tank.

P-MAN

Sorry to hear about your loss.

You might want to raise your SG slowly to get it up to the 1.022-1.025 range.

Sorry about your fish.
It is Always disheartening to try so hard and still face defeat.
But IMO It is what we do after that makes a difference!
Get your water perameters in order and keep going.
Best wishes,
Jason

Back
Top Bottom