Emergency! Male ram in bad shape!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emerald76

Aquarium Advice Addict
My male ram is not looking good. He has a big bloody cut on one side. He will not eat and is lying on the bottom. I put him in a breeder trap so he won't be harassed. I can't put him in my QT it has fry and I'm afraid I'll put him in shock. He looks pale and sad. Water is perfect, 0,0,10. I turned off lights and tried spot feeding him- no luck. I haven't tried his favorite food yet- should I? It's brine shrimp. I have aquarium salt but I also have cories and dosed with fungus meds last night and I have no carbon. I did a 2/3 dose on fungus meds. What should I dose for salt? It's a 30 gal planted. I really don't want to lose him, help! Should I do a water change?

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Please please help me! I was researching online and it said to put medical ointment on wounds- would bacitracin or triple antibiotic cream work?

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Salt dip if it's a bad wound..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's bad. How do I do a salt dip? I have a 1 gal pitcher, just fill to line with aquarium water or with new water? What salt concentration?

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

He died before I even opened the salt. Great. He's the only male. Petsmart doesn't sell them, I only ever get girls

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Order them from yunite on ebay

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sorry about the ram. The same case happened with a beautiful leopard angel I had, had swim bladder disorder and he got attacked before I could help much. I was too late and it was sad.

Back
Top Bottom