Empty 15 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfan88

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I got this 15 gallon tank from a second hand store a month or so ago. I used old filter media in the filter and it's all cycled and ready. I wanted to get some cool looking fish for it. I was wondering, are there any small cichlids that would be ok in a tank that small? Or other neat looking fish? I don't want anything tiny like guppies or tetras though.

I don't really want tetras though... Would a pair of convicts be too big? I know they're small and aggressive, but that's about it :p

I don't really want tetras though... Would a pair of convicts be too big? I know they're small and aggressive, but that's about it :p

They would be way to big. Only cichlids our looking at are shell dwellers or South American dwarfs. Look at my profile pictures all the fish in the dwarf album would work

Really? Do I could do rams? How many would you think? I'd like to do a pair of blue rams :)

Hey what it I got a clawed frog or two? :D is my tank big enough for that if its a species only tank?

Aw :( I heard they get 3-4 inches. Could you do just one even?

Aw :( I heard they get 3-4 inches. Could you do just one even?

i wouldn't house one in anything smaller than a 20 long. are your dimmensions 20x12x12 or 20x10x18? if its the same footprint as a 10 gallon(20x10 inches) then the tank is too tall for both kinds of frogs.

I know it's 12" high. Ive never had a clawed frog but I know they can be in a higher tank than an adf because they are bigger and have stronger legs.

Also... (not that I agree with this, but just thought I'd throw it out there...) my dad has kept an adf in his 130 gallon tank alive for over a year now and there aren't really any good places closer to the top of the tank for him to rest closer to the surface. The frog stays on the bottom and goes up for air. Again, I'm not saying I'd do this, but apparently some ADFs can be ok in taller tanks :/

they CAN live in heights over 12 inches, but it will put a great deal of stress on them and reduce their life quite a bit. they can live well over 5 years. it will be fine in your 15 for a while but if you get it, i would look into getting a 33 long eventually.

I have a 45 gallon I could upgrade it into eventually. But I'm using it right now for a couple of Angels

Back
Top Bottom