endlers in a 5g?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

birdma

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 5g corner tank sitting in my garage that I wanted to set up in my daughters room for Christmas. I saw some endlers at petsmart and was wondering if those would be a suitable fish for the tank? If so, how many do you think I could get?

Actually you could easily do 5 Endlers in a 5 gallon tank. My daughter just got 5 today for her 6 gallon Fluval Edge.

Actually you could easily do 5 Endlers in a 5 gallon tank. My daughter just got 5 today for her 6 gallon Fluval Edge.

I'd get all males though there like half the size of the female endlers and more colourful. And you don't want to be overrun with babies in a 5gal.

5 is even better, lol. Is it easy to tell the difference between male/female?

Another question- my daughter really likes plecos. Obviously not going to put one in her tank but is there something similar that might work w/ the endlers?

5 is even better, lol. Is it easy to tell the difference between male/female?

Another question- my daughter really likes plecos. Obviously not going to put one in her tank but is there something similar that might work w/ the endlers?

She got all males for her 6g. Females are larger and have no color. Males are small and have colorful bodies.

For a 5 gallon even an Oto would not work IMO. But why don't you look into the colorful Tiger Nerite Snails. They can't breed in freshwater and Tigers come in a couple colors and different patterns. I keep Tiger and Olive nerites.
Or another option if you go with Endlers you could get her some little Red Cherry Shrimp. She might find them alot of fun. But if you go that route I'd get a tiny piece of DW for the tank and attach alittle Java Moss on it for the shrimp.

I have a few nerite snails in our other tank and she's not so into them. I'll start her off w/ the endlers and look into getting her some shrimp later on. Thanks for the input!

Back
Top Bottom