Enough for Angels?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ezimmer1990

Aquarium Advice Activist
This is a 26 gallon bow front aquarium. I wanted to know if I could put 3 Angelfish in there, or just how many I could put in? Thanks.

Attachments

• image-3956902544.jpg
    image-3956902544.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 60
Sorry i dont even think one would fit in there... Do you have a larger tank to move it to when he/she gets bigger? Do you plan on buying juvie angelfish?

I agree with jeta. Either 1 with a small of school, or maybe a pair. IMO, it would be easier to just do one with some a small school unless you want to get a few little guys and then sell off all but 2 later.
In general, 3 angels doesn't work out even in tanks much larger than yours. But 3 is certainly too much for that size tank anyway.

I would buy them as Juvies. I would eventually get a bigger tank if needed. I thought they ate schooling fish?

I would buy them as Juvies. I would eventually get a bigger tank if needed. I thought they ate schooling fish?

No trio of angels. Usually what ends up happening is
a) Two of the three pair up, leaving a third wheel that gets bullied
b) They're all aggressive and end up picking on each other
c) One bullies the other two, or vice versa

If you wanted a trio, to be practical I would recommend a 55 Gallon with a lot of hiding places. And even then they don't work out. I know there are a couple of people that keep trios successfully (@absolut, didn't you?) but other than that the majority have not.

Angels eat schooling fish that are big enough for them to eat. I would only consider neon tetras to be considered angel food, but even then some keep them with angels no problem. All other bigger tetras that would fit in your tank (rummies, cardinals, black neons, glowlights, etc.) would be fair game with angels.

bruinsbro1997 said:
No trio of angels. Usually what ends up happening is
a) Two of the three pair up, leaving a third wheel that gets bullied
b) They're all aggressive and end up picking on each other
c) One bullies the other two, or vice versa

If you wanted a trio, to be practical I would recommend a 55 Gallon with a lot of hiding places. And even then they don't work out. I know there are a couple of people that keep trios successfully (@absolut, didn't you?) but other than that the majority have not.

Angels eat schooling fish that are big enough for them to eat. I would only consider neon tetras to be considered angel food, but even then some keep them with angels no problem. All other bigger tetras that would fit in your tank (rummies, cardinals, black neons, glowlights, etc.) would be fair game with angels.

So, could I get a pair of angels?

I wouldnt even get 2. People think 2 angels in my 40 is overstocked, so i dont think it would work in a 25.

Back
Top Bottom