Eric's 90 gallon reef build.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I went the cheap easy rout and used acrylic. It's not as good of a bond so I made sure to get the silicon on there good. I figure if it ever comes undone it will give me a good excuse to tear the sump down and clean it out. I believe I used the 1/4 inch acrylic.

Thats a good choice. I perfer acrylic baffles over glass anyday. Id rather it break loose than shatter if it gets hit some way, which can be easy to do if not careful. Lowes or HD doesnt make a difference on the acrylic, you can get it at either.

I agree with that but didn't think of it that way until now.

I just moved my midas blenny over and it was anything but smooth. I couldn't net it for the past two weeks so I gave up on that. My plan was to transfer the rock he was in to the new tank and let him swim out, not what happened. I pulled the rock and put it in my 90. I then heard noise in the drawer of my 29s stand so I rushed back over and grabbed him gently. He then squirmed out of my hands onto the carpet. I gently scooped him up and into the 90. He is a bit stressed and hiding but I'm thinking he will be fine. He was only out of water for 10-15 seconds. I'm still nervous as he is my favorite and not cheap. Does everyone think he will be ok? I'm guessing a lot of people have been through this before.

I agree with that but didn't think of it that way until now.

I just moved my midas blenny over and it was anything but smooth. I couldn't net it for the past two weeks so I gave up on that. My plan was to transfer the rock he was in to the new tank and let him swim out, not what happened. I pulled the rock and put it in my 90. I then heard noise in the drawer of my 29s stand so I rushed back over and grabbed him gently. He then squirmed out of my hands onto the carpet. I gently scooped him up and into the 90. He is a bit stressed and hiding but I'm thinking he will be fine. He was only out of water for 10-15 seconds. I'm still nervous as he is my favorite and not cheap. Does everyone think he will be ok? I'm guessing a lot of people have been through this before.

He should be ok but you really never know. My wrasse jumped out during mantinence on my tank, got some good air too! Scared the s*** out of me.lol Bad thing is it was about a 5' drop or more onto a hardwood floor. It literally made a splat. I put him back in very carefully and he acted like nothing ever happened.

He should be ok but you really never know. My wrasse jumped out during mantinence on my tank, got some good air too! Scared the s*** out of me.lol Bad thing is it was about a 5' drop or more onto a hardwood floor. It literally made a splat. I put him back in very carefully and he acted like nothing ever happened.

That's good to hear. I'm glad I was quicker than my dogs, if they got to it then I'm sure I could predict his fate. He seems good. Just hiding like you would expect in a new tank. He poked his head out for some food and his stress coloring has faded away.

I also moved my YWG from qt to my dt. He is strange, just sitting out in the open on the sand bed. Is this normal? I thought he would look for a burrow, ideally with my tiger pistol.

I also did a 10 gallon water change. I used a little 100 gph pump to do all the transferring of water. It is nice to work in a sump rather than the dt.

My YWG finally met my pistol shrimp!:) it only took a month. They are neat together.

I just finished my 2 part dosing system and ATO. It is very nice to not have to dose every morning and pour a half a gallon of top off water in. It makes my parameters much more stable and easier to maintain. I set the whole thing up for ~$50 plus some supplies I already had, not too bad compared to buying a dosing system and south top off. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427473583.072418.jpg
I can go into more details if anyone is interested.

I haven't seen your build until now. Looks great man! Do you have any updated pictures of the tank?

I love my ATO system, I won't have another tank without one!

Back
Top Bottom