Eshopps Skimmer questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ccwoody

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello
I have a Eshopps PSK-100 and I need help with it, it just seems to produce foam that is just overflowing so my questions are:

What is the correct water depth in the sump?

What is the correct water height in the skimmer?

I have see many good reviews for this skimmer and would reallhy like to get it working. Thanks for any help(y)

I will clarify a little

the skimmer is in a pro-flex sump it has been running for about two months now if I raise the water level in the skimmer to just at the collection cup the water overflows if I lower the water level the foam overflows there does not seem to be any happy medium. I saw a you tube vid suggesting to put PVC in the tube to better adjust the water height that was no help at all.

I have the same skimmer, for about a year now and it does great. I adjust the water level in the skimmer so it is just at the base of the collection cup. If it does not pick anything up then the water is pretty clean. The foam will climb up into the collection cup and accumulate in the bottom of the cup. I am vodka dosing so I clean mine every day and on some days it fills with some really dark stuff. Make sure the sponge on the return stays clean or this will have an effect on how much water stays in the cup no matter how much you adjust it. I clean the cup and the return sponge at the same time. So far its been working great. Can't help with the sump level. I have my sump marked with a level when power is on and another mark when power is off so I know I'm not going to overflow my sump. My first sump and this is really the best way to go. I would'nt set up another tank without having a sump system.

Just a p.s. if you just got the skimmer it may take a few days to a week to break in so adjustment may be a little touchy until it is broken in.

You are very welcome. If there are any further problems and I can help just shoot me a pm and I'll see what I can come up with. So far this skimmer is working great and not a bad price either. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom