Evans 40 Gallon Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would do a nonintrusive title....almost like a watermark.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah I think I'm gonna print some titles :)

I just have to get some species names and figure out what to put.

For example, I don't know what to put for my clownfish and flame angel picture.

You should do the species like the old Road Runner cartoons...the stingray could be "Swimius flatius stingius" :)

My store is live! You can purchase aquarium cards at the link below!

Shop — EVAN SIMPKINS

If you have any questions you can PM me or email me!

And as a small thank you to all of you who helped me out and followed me along on this amazing reef journey, enter Aquarium1 at checkout under coupons to receive 20% off. This is valid until FEB 15, 2014.

Thank you everyone for your support :)

Hi Evan,

I have been off the forum for about three months and I am just getting back on to do a 40 gallon breeder reef setup. I was following before and just read through your thread to get up to speed.
I am transforming a 40 gallon breeder freshwater into a reef at home. I have two smaller reef tanks in my office at work (20&29 gal) that I am transferring into the 40 breeder. Any advice you can give would be appreciated. I did start a thread on the build and transfer so take a look when you get a chance if you don't mind. I was really inspired by your tank. I can only hope it turns out as nice as yours.
I read that you are a zoa and paly fan. I just love the zoa and paly's and I have been collecting them for a while now. If it's ok with you maybe we can exchange frags sometimes. I also saw your photography work and it's really nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hi Evan,

I have been off the forum for about three months and I am just getting back on to do a 40 gallon breeder reef setup. I was following before and just read through your thread to get up to speed.
I am transforming a 40 gallon breeder freshwater into a reef at home. I have two smaller reef tanks in my office at work (20&29 gal) that I am transferring into the 40 breeder. Any advice you can give would be appreciated. I did start a thread on the build and transfer so take a look when you get a chance if you don't mind. I was really inspired by your tank. I can only hope it turns out as nice as yours.
I read that you are a zoa and paly fan. I just love the zoa and paly's and I have been collecting them for a while now. If it's ok with you maybe we can exchange frags sometimes. I also saw your photography work and it's really nice.

Thank you very much for the kind words! :) If I had any advice, it would be to take things slow and make sure you have a good solid system for water changes/ dosing (if you decide) etc. My tank is still running but not near where it was in it's prime. This was due to me buying used equipment and not having an easy way of doing water changes! Some of my equipment stopped working and I don't have the time or funds to buy new ones! So make sure you buy quality!! :)

For aquascaping, look at photos of the ocean and get ideas to make it look natural!

Try to always dip new corals as well to make sure you don't get any unwanted things in your tank!

I would love to see your build! Post a link here and I will definitely check it out! Thanks again :)

Been a while since I seen you on here Evan. Hope that tank is still doing good!

Thank you very much for the kind words! :) If I had any advice, it would be to take things slow and make sure you have a good solid system for water changes/ dosing (if you decide) etc. My tank is still running but not near where it was in it's prime. This was due to me buying used equipment and not having an easy way of doing water changes! Some of my equipment stopped working and I don't have the time or funds to buy new ones! So make sure you buy quality!! :)

For aquascaping, look at photos of the ocean and get ideas to make it look natural!

Try to always dip new corals as well to make sure you don't get any unwanted things in your tank!

I would love to see your build! Post a link here and I will definitely check it out! Thanks again :)

Thanks for the tips Evan. Here is the link to my build.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/showthread.php?t=322017

I haven't uploaded any photos yet. The tank doesn't have anything in it yet. I am working on building my sump and drilling my tank.

Back
Top Bottom