Ever heard of this brand? (lights)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have one of the 48" current USA dual satellite fixtures. It seems fine (it just isn't enought wpg for my tank). I don't think finding bulbs for this unit would pose much of a problem. I bought mine at the LFS and paid more for it, so from that perspective it is a pretty good deal.

I also have the 48" model. The 'actinic' bulbs are just the cheaper blue bulbs, but if thats ok with you, then they're a steal.

The Jebos are cheap and tend to work OK, just swap out the blue bubl for a true actinic bulb and you will have better results.

The ballasts are pretty cheap and will not produce the light output of a better hood like a coralife or current USA. If you are on a budget they are hard to pass up!

I have those exact lights. They are the only ones I have ever had so I cant really compare but they seem to run HOT. Even with the fan going the canopy gets almost too hot to touch. The fan is kinda noisy too. Other than that I am happy with them.

-Maximo

I just bought a 55gallon tank and i am gonna buy the 220w 48" version JEBO. It will be around 4watts/gal. Will this be enough to keep some simple corals? Swissfish and theatrus do u still have urs how good are they? Do they get hot? Do they last long? TIA

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom