Ever seen a rainbow in the sunlight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MSU Fan

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I get to see my fish for about 10 minutes every morning in the sunlight right after sunrise. While there isn't enough light at that time to give me any algae grief , it lights up the scales on my fish like flashlights! These pics don't do much justice to it because of the reflection, but it makes owning them completely worthwhile!!!

Attachments

• 2_rosy_barbs_and_1_white_skirt_tetra_and_1_diamond_tetra_559.jpg
    2_rosy_barbs_and_1_white_skirt_tetra_and_1_diamond_tetra_559.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 19
  • boesmani_rainbow_and_white_skirt_tetra_697.jpg
    boesmani_rainbow_and_white_skirt_tetra_697.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 18
  • dwarf_neon_rainbow_154.jpg
    dwarf_neon_rainbow_154.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 18
  • jewel_rainbow_519.jpg
    jewel_rainbow_519.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 20
  • madagascar_rainbow_192.jpg
    madagascar_rainbow_192.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 251
i love all the shadows in the background. Those are some awesome pics!! Good job!!

It's amazing how sunlight, or going from a standard aquarium strip light to a brighter/better balanced light, can really bring out how beautiful some fish are. That's one reason why I find it strange that fish stores tend to have pretty blah, low light in their tanks...the fish stores in the area really don't do justice to the fish with their lighting setup.

Well, I guess I know why they do it. It would dramatically raise their expense and probably not help sales. Plus it would cause huge algae problems.

Beautiful pictures BTW.

Thanks everyone - yeah, my fish don't really school at all since there really isn't any "threats" in the tank. They do swim together in the current, and tussle every once in a while chasing each other - but the remaining fish don't care. Oh well, guess you can't have everything!

Who's the boss in this tank? You get a mini submarine and you make them school! :D

Is MSU the one in Kalamazoo? I was out there for three weeks for work. Fun college town. Too bad I wasn't in college.

theotheragentm said:
Who's the boss in this tank? You get a mini submarine and you make them school! :D

The boss? I believe that role is somewhat shared - the Pink white skirt tetra controls the smaller fish (aka the Queen), the larger boesemani controls the rainbows, and the clown loaches runs the loaches...

No submarines for this group, but hey, there's so many, who needs schooling? :D

theotheragentm said:
Is MSU the one in Kalamazoo? I was out there for three weeks for work. Fun college town. Too bad I wasn't in college.

No, that would be WMU (Western Michigan University). While that is a fun college town, it does not and cannot beat a town where there are ~42k students and ~100k partiers every weekend :wink: !

Back
Top Bottom