Ever seen an angelfish turn blue?...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Awesome. Will check out green machine! Thx for the help guys! This is my invinceable fish....who has survived it all! She's doing fine, so I'm sure it's coloring. You all really helped me feel better! Thanks. Hey, any idea why this same fish used to be the tank " mommy" (hanging with the smaller angels and defending them against attackers), and now she's the bully. I had to put her back in a 30g by herself, cause she wasn't just pecking the other fish in the 55g, she was hunting them down! Does she just like being alone? Oh....she seems to only go after other angels. Diff breeds are safe.

Awesome. Will check out green machine! Thx for the help guys! This is my invinceable fish....who has survived it all! She's doing fine, so I'm sure it's coloring. You all really helped me feel better! Thanks. Hey, any idea why this same fish used to be the tank " mommy" (hanging with the smaller angels and defending them against attackers), and now she's the bully. I had to put her back in a 30g by herself, cause she wasn't just pecking the other fish in the 55g, she was hunting them down! Does she just like being alone? Oh....she seems to only go after other angels. Diff breeds are safe.

I had a bacterial bloom and the water was pearly almost sparkly white, lol.

There are different types, I also had one which caused a foamy-ness to the water. As long as the parameters are fine, don't mess with anything and leave it alone and in around 21 ( maybe 28) days it should be back to normal, and clear.

I kept changing the filter pads every few days to a week, but that kept it from completing its bloom cycle and kept more or less starting over again :facepalm:

Didn't hurt any fish, they were fine!

You have had a hard time, I hope it finishes up well. :flowers:

There are fish with different personalities. Maybe that is all.

Thanks! Actually, on day 7 of my bacterial bloom, I can see the back of the tank!!!! It's hardly cloudy at all. Far from crystal clear, but I can actually see my beauties again! I did add a 20g whisper filter with a pad and purigen, but I didn't touch the main filter, or the water. Mebbid helped me through it....along with all of your support! Is anyone familiar with purigen? I've heard great things, but I was wondering if my cycle will now completely depend on it? I believe dr Tim's did in fact cycle my tank. But if purigen removes ammonia/nitrites/nitrates/organic material/etc.....my wont my good bacteria die without anything to eat? Also....since i am now using purigen in the tank, do I need to remove the carbon from my main filter (leaving the bio-bag and sponge), after this bloom is completely over? Really appreciate all of you!

That is your angels colour showing through in the lights of your aquarium a few examples of mine attached :)

Attachments

• image-1914979648.jpg
    image-1914979648.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 62
  • image-2080600442.jpg
    image-2080600442.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 65
  • image-1824495690.jpg
    image-1824495690.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 56
  • image-917115673.jpg
    image-917115673.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 54
  • image-2703763285.jpg
    image-2703763285.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 57
Use nutrafin cycle for your good bacteria and nutrafin aqua+ to condition your water, heal fins and boost immune systems of your fish. I use them and also feed frozen brineshrimp in garlic cubes. Clean water is a much better cure for fish than any medacine. Buy a water test kit and experiment with water changes and test until your water it right.

Use nutrafin cycle for your good bacteria and nutrafin aqua+ to condition your water, heal fins and boost immune systems of your fish. I use them and also feed frozen brineshrimp in garlic cubes. Clean water is a much better cure for fish than any medacine. Buy a water test kit and experiment with water changes and test until your water it right.

Interesting! What kind of angel / Cory are those. Nice fish btw!

Very pretty fish! Love the angels! Thanks. I have never heard of the products mentioned, and I already own about every other product! I use prime to condition. Dr Tim's did cycle my tank. I'm just worried that the tank will mini-cycle if I ever have a problem with the purigen. If it removes ammonia, the good bacteria have nothing to eat, and will die themselves. Then, tank is dependent on purigen, not a natural cycle. I'm sure I'm incorrect. I just don't understand all of it. I also want to soften my water, but purigen sucks out anything I put in (tannins). Purigen is amazing, I'm just not sure I should have used it.

Back
Top Bottom