evil amquell plus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xander

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just a heads up. I bought a gallon of amquell plus from big als and did a few water changes. It killed 2 large green severums, 2 small uarus, in my 125 and unknown number of pristella tertas in my 75 gallon. Make sure your waterconditioner is not toxic. I'm not sure how this happened. I did 2 other tanks the same day using prime and havn't had any caualties. The amquell I got doesn't smell quite right.

It may have been the dechlorinator it may have been something else. No real way to know for sure. I use Prime so haven't had any experience with Amquel.

I've never had an issue with Amquel+... never used it as a dechlor though (I use NovAqua+), only used it after adding fish and I had a bit of an ammonia spike. No problems...

I have used this product in the past. What is in the jug that I put in my tanks I am almost certain it is not amqeul plus. Whatever it is is toxic. I will take the evidence to a LFS before I call the Bigs Als and Kordon. I did 4 tanks that day and on the 2 tanks that I lost fish in the only variable was the dechlor. They were greatly improved when I did another water change and used a water conditioner that I know is what it says it is.

Back
Top Bottom