Excel amt with water change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cjsans

Aquarium Advice Regular
Foster told me that I need Excel measured out to 1 ml to every 10 gallons, or 12.5 ml to my 125 gal. tank. Now, if I do a ~50% water change do I put the Excel amt = to what I replaced or = to my total tank capacity? I'm afraid of overdosing. :confused:

:thanks:

Foster told me that I need Excel measured out to 1 ml to every 10 gallons, or 12.5 ml to my 125 gal. tank. Now, if I do a ~50% water change do I put the Excel amt = to what I replaced or = to my total tank capacity? I'm afraid of overdosing. :confused:

:thanks:

I called seachem for you as I wasn't sure of the answer. Per Seachem the individual I spoke to said to dose for ONLY the water added so if you do a 50% water change then add only half, then go back to your normal dosing schedule.

Thank you so much for your rapid reply and in taking the time to call to assure you give the correct response.

Weird that they would say that... On the bottle it states to add 5mL for every 10 US gallons on initial dose or after a large water change (>40%) And daily or every other dose of 5mL for every 50 US gallons(1mL for every 10 gallons)... Hmmm... I've always dosed according to my full amount of tank water after a W/C, not amount changed... Guess this is good to know...

Weird that they would say that... On the bottle it states to add 5mL for every 10 US gallons on initial dose or after a large water change (>40%) And daily or every other dose of 5mL for every 50 US gallons(1mL for every 10 gallons)... Hmmm... I've always dosed according to my full amount of tank water after a W/C, not amount changed... Guess this is good to know...

All I can pass along is what the gentlemen I spoke to told me. I know nothing about the product or how to use it. That's why I called for the OP, to get an answer. Right or wrong that's what he told me. Hopefully what he said was the right thing but he need put me on hold to look it up. I know your not questioning me lol, but I just wanted to respond...

Maybe call also and see if you get the same response.

All I can pass along is what the gentlemen I spoke to told me. I know nothing about the product or how to use it. That's why I called for the OP, to get an answer. Right or wrong that's what he told me. Hopefully what he said was the right thing but he need put me on hold to look it up. I know your not questioning me lol, but I just wanted to respond...

Maybe call also and see if you get the same response.

Oh no no! Didn't mean to come across like that! Haha I just wish they would specify that about water changes on the bottle! I guess I've been doing it wrong the whole time! Lol I'm glad you called and got that info con! Super helpful as always! :)

Oh no no! Didn't mean to come across like that! Haha I just wish they would specify that about water changes on the bottle! I guess I've been doing it wrong the whole time! Lol I'm glad you called and got that info con! Super helpful as always! :)

Yeah lol I didn't take anyway just wanted to add that in :)

It's funny though... I'm gonna call again now to see if I get the same answer. Stand by :)

Maybe tomorrow? Haha

Yea I'm gonna call. I just wanna make sure they were clear on everything. And to the OP no need to thank me, it's what I do. I like helping others and if I don't have the answer I'll try and get it.

That's one reason this forum is the best!! Cause you have other members that would do the same.

I report back tomorrow. Have a great night

I really think that in the grand scheme of things, it won't really matter which one you go with. If you've got nothing to sensitive in the tank (eg RCS), I would just go with whichever one is more.

I do morning WC's and add my daily dose of liquid carbon after the WC just like any other normal day, just a touch later.

You guys are awesome! I'm going with the total tank for now. I'll call Monday and see what they tell me. This could prove very interesting:0)

I have well water and chlorine isn't really an issue, but nitrites is. I don't do water changes as I should. 50% water change once a week seems extreme to me. So a little extra Excel shouldn't be a problem and might even help.

Back
Top Bottom