experience with Lobelia cardinalis?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish 'n' fries

Aquarium Advice Freak
My LFS has this for sale and I like the look of it. Tropica and plantgeek list rather different requirements for it. My LFS also has it labeled as a foreground plant (which plantgeek does say there is a type that is smaller...) Anyone have any experience with it? I'm thinking about it for a small tank... Thanks.

There is a taller kind and a shorter kind. I'm not sure which mine is. It does not get very tall before the bottom looks bad and needs to be trimmed.

I really like the plant because it looks really cool and grows slowly - I need more low maintenance plants like this one.

It seems a little sensitive and I don't know what it is sensitive to. Mine has stayed small, making it a great choice for a smaller tank. I say buy it and cross your fingers.

The wild type can grow BIG.

There is also a dwarf form that I believe was cultivated over in Asia (could be wrong) that stays much smaller.

I had one for about a week. Even under high light it started to die. Eventually my snails thought of it as an all you can eat diner. That is the first and only plant they have consumed.

Back
Top Bottom