Experience with Neolamprologus leleupi ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

webmoose

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am in awe of the Neolamprologus leleupi... Very nice fish.. Can anyone tell me a little bit about this fish. Anyone ever own any of these guys?

I have never owned them but I am sure I will, someday - their color is just beautiful.

They are excellent choices for a Lake Tang community setup, and are often housed with fish from the brichardi complex. They have similar breeding behaviors as brichardi, and will allow their young to remain in the tank, even after subsequent spawns. What kind of setup do you have in mind?

I have too much on the go / perfect world room / money not an issue.... 45 - 90 gallon with 3 or 4 of these guys and LOTS of rock....

Mooose

I might have to set up my 45 tang tank that I always talk about in my head and do some leleupi and set them up with my existing Black Brichardi ("Lamprologus sp. Walter") and lots of hiding places.....

That sounds like a fine setup. They can be extremely aggressive, but apparently this is mostly conspecific. Plenty of caves and you would have a good chance of success. Do you have a good source for the fish?

I have soon to be adult Black Brichardi ("Lamprologus sp. Walter") that would love to move into a bigger tank.

I do not have a source for Neolamprologus leleupi at this time... It's still in dream stage.. I will be keeping my eyes open for them

Didn't see them in a store....

Moose

I've seen 2 sets of 2 of these fish in 2 separate stores... (say that 5 times fast) All of them were the yellow variety.

In both stores they were acting very aggressive to each other...

Moose

Thanks Fluff for the link and the photo... If they are more conspecific agressive I might be looking at these guys sooner than I was expecting :) The 2 at the one store were 16 but they have 2 for 1 Saturdays.. :)

I only have a trio and they are aggressive towards each other. More towards one in particular so I'm thinking I may have a pair. I think they are great fish and you should give them a shot. They are beautiful and mine are starting to get the dark mouth now. :)

Back
Top Bottom