Extra Stocking Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robcurry12

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Alright so I've got an establish 36g aquarium with a Magnum350 canister filter and I've got it stocked with the following:
5 zebra Danio
2 silver tip tetras
3 bronze Cory cats
3 peppered Cory cats
3 Oto cats
3 cherry barbs
3 platys
1 serpae tetra (left over fish from when I redid my tank in January)

Everyone gets along great and no one is shy or anything. The serpae tetra hangs with the cherry barbs and the silver tips hang with the platys.

I've been thinking I might want to add some more Cories (3 more to be exact) and/or another platy. However AqAdvisor has my tank at 105% with the above stock plus 3 Cories and 1 platy. Is my tank at capacity or can I afford a few extra fish? Any advice is greatly appreciated :)

I'd add more serpae tetras. Even though it is schooling with other species, they do appreciate a friend of the same species (and yes, they will not mind if it's a different variation, not that I know any).

Since you are close to or overstocked, I would concentrate on increasing your schooling fish rather than plattys. If it were me I would do that as you lose fish naturally. But that's just me, I like my tanks lightly stocked.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Since you are close to or overstocked, I would concentrate on increasing your schooling fish rather than plattys. If it were me I would do that as you lose fish naturally. But that's just me, I like my tanks lightly stocked.

So if I was to add more you'd suggest I add some Cories or like someone else mentioned more serpae tetras? Thank you for your input btw :)

I would add more silver tips and cherry barbs. Maybe rehomed the serape tetra

Back
Top Bottom