Extremely foggy water, just cleaned?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blackbelttree

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have two guppies in a 2 gallon tank. I'm on break from university right now so I moved them from my dorm a couple blocks away to where I'm staying for two weeks almost a week ago. So I don't know if it was stress or something, but over the last two days, the tank went from normal clear water (I did a total water change maybe 5 days ago) to very foggy/white water. It was progressive from the last couple days.
The only thing I can think of is that I periodically turn on a bubbler I've had in the tank for months in order to make sure I have enough oxygen in my water. I had it on for about twenty minutes and then turned it off (I leave the stone in the tank). That's always how I do it.
I have a undergravel filter that's new (a couple months) that's never gave me any issues.

Thoughts? I'm worried for my little guys. :(

Is the tank cycled ok bb? doing a Total WC is not a good idea, a partial WC is better, to hold on to some of your bacteria, I think the filtration could be at fault.....

tank cycle probably good, don't really know how to check that. water is still pumping out the tube. One of my boys is looking much paler after a water change. Sickness? Stress?

You physically moved the tank? Probably stirred up all.the crap in the ugf and substrate.. do lots of water changes to clear it up.. that's a really small tank for anything really.. 2 guppies is certainly not ideal in there.. it will take some work to maintain healthy living conditions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom