Faded color

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Loach23

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can someone tell me if this is anything unnormal. I recently got this clown loach from someone and noticed his fin and stripe are faded he doesn't flash on anything and is active. Could it just be a discoloration here's a pic

Attachments

• image-1836107357.jpg
    image-1836107357.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 66
It has been like that for a long time? No growing or anything? If it's not spreading, it might just be weird pigments in his skin?

Change his diet out to New Life Spectrum to give him the best color enhancer naturally, thats whered I would start is diet and water condtions.

When I got him the guy Dropped him off to me along with the tank and all the equipment. The tank was very dirty algae all over, smelled terrible, and dirty water. Was definitely not taken care of properly. I had him in a qt tank for a few weeks and he was very happy and seemed fine. I spoke with him about it and said he wasn't always like that but had that discolor for a few years. He only eats flakes won't eat bloodworms or sinkers. Weird

Loach23 said:
When I got him the guy Dropped him off to me along with the tank and all the equipment. The tank was very dirty algae all over, smelled terrible, and dirty water. Was definitely not taken care of properly. I had him in a qt tank for a few weeks and he was very happy and seemed fine. I spoke with him about it and said he wasn't always like that but had that discolor for a few years. He only eats flakes won't eat bloodworms or sinkers. Weird

Give him time, the previous owner might have only fed flakes so it will take sone time for it to adopt again. But he will eat the sinkers he just needs time

When a fish appears washed out it is usually due to stress and/or poor diet. With this fish I'd say that is more likely the diet since he didn't seem well cared for. Just keep taking good care of him and give him some time.

It's unusual that he didn't take bloodworm since most fish like them. You might also try brine shrimp. Not high nutritionally, but many fish find them irresistible and it might encourage him to eat something else.

Back
Top Bottom