Fake Plants Don't Stay Straight Up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fredmertz

Aquarium Advice Regular
I recently gave up on live plants. I thought some of them were growing like weeds until I found out that many popular aquarium plants are actually considered weeds in the real world!

Anyway, I bought a few decent looking (or so I thought) fakies and have been disappointed that they dont seem to stay upright and they get very dirty, with what I assume is some sort of algae.

I bought taller ones, which may be the problem but I have a 75g tank and small ones get lose.

Am I buying the wrong ones or are these common complaints with all of them?

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this.

Fred

Your basic plastic plants do stay upright, but some may sway or flop, which can add an element of realism.

Since you've given up on live plants you can buy an algaecide. Take your plants out and clean them and then introduce the algaecide.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, I have a cobalt blue lobster and I could not find any algaecide that was safe for invertebrates.

Flop is putting it mildly -- they basically fall over.

Two thoughts come to mind. The substrate might not be deep enough to hold the plant base in place. Or the lobster is displacing them when it moves around the tank.

Back
Top Bottom