Fancy goldfish sick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zagz

Aquarium Advice Addict
My step mom has two fancy goldfish. One of them is afflicted with a rash of sores I would call them on his rear fin. They look rather like a rash. He is hiding at the back of the tank. I will try and post a pic tomorrow. She just did a water change today. It looks like kind of a fungus or ulcers to me. I have no idea what her parameters are, she doesn't test 8O . I am taking my kit over tomorrow and some salt and Pimafix to see if that helps. He is still eating, not flashing. I think it is brought on by stress, I have been insisting she needs a bigger tank for them. They are huge and in only a 15 gal. I found her a 33 gal for $60.00, I'm making sure she gets it. Poor fish, they are so cramped and seem stressed to me. Any ideas on what it might be with so little info?

Badfishy1.gif

#7 maybe?

They aren't fully open and they are kind of in the folds of the rear fin, just below #8 if you get what I mean.

So, we're talking about the dorsal fin? Does it look like a sore that has healed?

Puriti...where did you get that pic?! It's really good for identifying diseases and locations. (y)

Jchillin said:
So, we're talking about the dorsal fin? Does it look like a sore that has healed?

Puriti...where did you get that pic?! It's really good for identifying diseases and locations. (y)

It looks like a sore just not fully healed. I am taking some aquarium salt to her and we have increased the temps.

Back
Top Bottom