Fancy Guppy Breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GhillieSniper115

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've got a question, I have two fancy guppies in a 2.5 gal and I was wondering if ther is any way to speed up the breeding process. One of them might be pregnant but I'm not sure. Also u can post any info u have on breeding fancy guppies.
Thanx

to breed guppies its always to have a 1 male:2 female ratio
to insure a good population its good to have a good 6 to 8 gups
in 30 days you should see a good spawn

in your case if you see that the Female (witch is bigger then the male)
has a fat tummy like she ate her last supper with dark or what it seems
to be eyes in her tummy congrats your a grand pa

30 days you should see 7 gups

Raising the temp to the upper 70s might help, I've never tested it though, but raising the temp generally raises metabolism of the fish, and guppies can tolerate a wide temp range. Other than that, just keep em happy, well fed, and wait lol.

They have probally bred by now. Just be patient. They are prolific.

jetajockey said:
Raising the temp to the upper 70s might help, I've never tested it though, but raising the temp generally raises metabolism of the fish, and guppies can tolerate a wide temp range. Other than that, just keep em happy, well fed, and wait lol.

The temp in the tank which is Actualy my fry tank can reach 86 which is not bad from wat I heard. It will take the fry less then 3 weeks to mature

AquaCheatah said:
to breed guppies its always to have a 1 male:2 female ratio
to insure a good population its good to have a good 6 to 8 gups
in 30 days you should see a good spawn

in your case if you see that the Female (witch is bigger then the male)
has a fat tummy like she ate her last supper with dark or what it seems
to be eyes in her tummy congrats your a grand pa

30 days you should see 7 gups

Lol thanks for da info. I actually had 1male 3 female ratio but one female died when I was cycling the tank. :(

Also the female was pregers wen I got her and had a noticeable gravid spott. However she got skinnier but still had the noticeable gravid spot. I did not feed her alot but now I'm feeding them the norm so idk if it was cas she needed food or not.

Back
Top Bottom