Fat tetra keeps stuffing her face

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Office_Shredder

Aquarium Advice Newbie
We have six glofish tetras (white skirts). Every time we feed them one of them makes amad dash to stuff itself. Lately we have noticed that this fish is getting a bit bloated compared to the others. I'm not sure what to do... I have been thinking about taking it out of the tank sometimes when I feed the rest. On the other hand I have read that maybe she is just full of eggs (which would explain the overeating too I guess). How can I tell which is the case? I don't know whether she is actually female.

following. I have a neon that does the same thing, and a poor little guy who barely eats at all... :(

When I feed my community with tetras I put my hand in the water and move it around to scare them off and not let them just sit there and eat it all. It helps.

The basic (and not super reliable) way to tell neon sex is, the females have a lightly curved blue line while the males have a strait one.

It's a good idea to make the fish fast one day a week. Seems it lets their digestive tracts clear out. Fish in the wild hardly ever get to eat everyday. (Hmmmm, having mad thoughts about Ex Lax about now). OS.

Back
Top Bottom