Favorite Cory species.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've kept a variety of cories since I got into the hobby over 10 years ago but my current group of pygmy and habrosus are definitely my favorites!

img_3173431_0_081965a1005939a359a7997796c514de.jpg

img_3173431_1_f62490c5cc637656738b66a4ac2cd935.jpg

View attachment 265743

I have 3 pandas and 5 emeralds.

If I had more space i would get Sterbai I looooove them all! Cories for life.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I see emerald like 68-72 d, and pandas hotter. You have to keep it right in the middle?

I was wondering if emeralds could be kept in an unheated tank that runs just about 68-72 year round? I like those.

I love my albino cories! They look like crazy silver ghosts flying across the front of the glass! Here are two of them playing tonight........ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425240691.851638.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Bad phone pic, sorry :-/

I see emerald like 68-72 d, and pandas hotter. You have to keep it right in the middle?

I was wondering if emeralds could be kept in an unheated tank that runs just about 68-72 year round? I like those.

Temp varies. Temp stays solid at 74-75. All fish are active and healthy. My dojo loach is mostly a cold water fish but he's in a 75 with 75 degrees. Always happy and lively. As long as the tank isn't like 80 degrees (discus) or below 68ish then I don't think it really bothers them.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Can someone tell me if the green lazer and orange lazer Cory's are dyed fish? Wouldn't want to buy into that but they are pretty...and expensive ?

Can someone tell me if the green lazer and orange lazer Cory's are dyed fish? Wouldn't want to buy into that but they are pretty...and expensive ?

I've been eyeballing orange lazers at the past 2 auctions, if they are at the next one they'll be in my tank they are really good looking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've kept a variety of cories since I got into the hobby over 10 years ago but my current group of pygmy and habrosus are definitely my favorites!

img_3173955_0_081965a1005939a359a7997796c514de.jpg

img_3173955_1_f62490c5cc637656738b66a4ac2cd935.jpg

I don't think I've ever seen that species of Cory before. What's the name? How big do they get? Expensive?

KCCO

I don't think I've ever seen that species of Cory before. What's the name? How big do they get? Expensive?

KCCO

Pygmy are one of the smallest species of Cory reaching only an inch I believe. Expensive? Well that just depends where you get them.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I've been eyeballing orange lazers at the past 2 auctions, if they are at the next one they'll be in my tank they are really good looking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

At my lfs they are going for 16 per fish! They are pretty though ?

Oh! I could no sooner choose a favorite star among the heavens :)
I keep:
Trilineatus
Aenus
Metae
Rabauti
Panda
Pygmy

I love them all. Trils have a special place cause they were the first I kept, but the metae and rabauti top the list. Pygmies of course are awesome. I've also fallen in love with my little aspidoras. I WANT THEM ALLLLL.

Sorry, I just saw your post. The top photo is C. habrosus, bottom are C. pygmaeus. Fun, active little cories....they often swim up and down the water column together or in the filter output.

Mine were all purchased online.

Oh! I could no sooner choose a favorite star among the heavens :)
I keep:
Trilineatus
Aenus
Metae
Rabauti
Panda
Pygmy

I love them all. Trils have a special place cause they were the first I kept, but the metae and rabauti top the list. Pygmies of course are awesome. I've also fallen in love with my little aspidoras. I WANT THEM ALLLLL.

You really don't like cories, do you? ;)

I always felt that way about loaches, especially kuhlis. A dream tank would be very long and low just full of them!

I have yet to keep loaches but that could very well happen. I didn't get why people were so into cichlids until I got my shellies. I adore them. That's why I keep setting up more tanks. Have to try them all! ;)

I have yet to keep loaches but that could very well happen. I didn't get why people were so into cichlids until I got my shellies. I adore them. That's why I keep setting up more tanks. Have to try them all! ;)

Loaches/eels have by far become my favorite fish. I want Kuhli one day. Right now I have a dojo loach and ropefish. Senegal Bichir as well if he counts. Very fun fish to watch!

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

At one point I had 3 different shellie tanks going, awesome little fish!

Pygmy are one of the smallest species of Cory reaching only an inch I believe. Expensive? Well that just depends where you get them.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I generally see pygmys always below $5.00 .

Hasbrosus will run a bit more, hastatus even more

I personally have 13 sterbai and love them. I also have pygmys in a different tank.

I do love corydora sp. black Venezuela

Back
Top Bottom