Favorite Fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i got 5 praecox rainbowfish as an early Christmas gift, and they are my current favorites (it changes every week or so, i admit).

they are a gorgeous electric blue with scarlet fins, and they school beautifully. they are really zippy and add activity to the tank, but they are completely peaceful. they have a pretty shape but are so narrow that they disappear when they turn sideways. it is like they are 2-dimensional! i love having a larger bright blue school as a counterpoint to my school of neon tetras. can you tell i love blue fish?

bettas are my overall favorite for personality and intelligence. they recognize you and respond almost like a puppy. mine loves to be petted and to chase my finger.

Hmmm....Favorite Fish....

Could be taken several ways....

Favorite Species in Tank:
Have to agree with FearlessFisch: praecox rainbowfish (Dwarf Neon Rainbowfish). One of mine came delivered through mail order missing the entire tail (from dorsal fin back). I have had it in a hospital tank for 2-3 months now...and the tail is about 1/3 grown back...AMAZING FISH! I can't wait until that one can join his 5 other buddies in the 90 Gallon.

Favorite Actual Fish in the tank:
3 Cherry Barb fry (now as big as neon tetra) that somehow survived a very tough community tank. I think those guys are amazing! Our family ritual is to look for the "baby fish". These guys are responsible for my little "overfeeding" I do...so they can get a few scraps.

WC

well.. african dwarf frogs.. i guess they aren't really fish.. but really fish wise itd be plecos, they are just interesting creatures :)

-thane

Picasso Triggers. Since this is the freshwater forum though....

Royal Plecos. Had one for a couple years, loved him. One of the most interesting fish I've ever seen. Didn't even have to pay for him (one of the perks of working at a pet store - all the people coming through looking to get rid of fish too big for their tanks)

OK

FW would have to be the Dwarf Puffer / Tire Track Eel

and

SW would be Porcupine Puffer / Blue ribbon Eel

needless to say I like Puffers..and Eel's

:mrgreen:

Okay narrowe it down, my favorite species of cihlids are Kribs electrice blues, Zebras labs, etc. and my favorite Plecos are clown rubberlip and Bushy Nose..Narrowed it down!

Dan:)

Back
Top Bottom