favorite pet fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

limnologist

Aquarium Advice Freak
Im gonna have to say the black bullhead, although, my favorite changes all the time.
What about you other members?

My favorite is always changing but right now I'd have to say Betta fish are my favorite since they can be so smart and so pretty.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

theyre like the chuahuas of the fish world X) yea i love them, i would say the are my third if not second favorite.

Yeah they really are. Unfortunately my sister's betta died yesterday so I hope we can get her a new one soon. My betta's tank is right next to hers and it's so cool to see them interact. I have two males and they both act so different, one comes out flared up if you come anywhere near the tank and the other runs away from my finger. Lol they're so unique :)

Oh thats too bad. Have you tried keeping any of the more unusual types of bettas? like the elephant ear or the half-moon or maybe a king betta? king bettas can live from 15-20 years.
Yup, they all have very different personalities haha.

Not yet I'm relatively a noob with these bettas lol. My other betta looks like he's on his way out too, he's got a lump on his side and it's not going away with salt, peas, or fasting. I'm fearing it's a tumor.

On the topic of favorite fish, I love platies too. They are so docile and yet very social. My dad has a pair and they stick together all the time. If the female isn't next to the male she's looking for him lol!

darn, well, King bettas are usually around $20 ea but they live 20 years, are as smart as dogs, and get bigger than usual bettas. They can live in any type of betta tank though and require the same conditions.
I once had a gerbil that got tumors when he was 5, he got them on both sides of his head and when they appeared I stopped feeding him the store bought food and started feeding him insects that I bred and vegetables that I grew, after a year of that the tumors dissolved and he lived another 2 years haha. I just couldnt resist telling that story lol.

platies, guppies and mollies kinda go into the same group for me, I like them, but only for something like a showcase fish. I usually enjoy interactive fish much more.

Yeah same. I love interacting with fish, they don't get nearly enough credit for being a fun pet to 'play' with. All of our fish are so social, they come right up to the front of the tank when we walk up to it. And as far as pets go, they can be relatively low maintenance.

My upside-down catfish are my favorite. They are incredibly entertaining when they come out (usually when food is involved).

drink more beer

I'm not sure if this will work but here goes

drink more beer

Attachments

• 1412022348000.jpg
    1412022348000.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 90
My upside-down catfish are my favorite. They are incredibly entertaining when they come out (usually when food is involved).

drink more beer

They are pretty cool fish.
Ahahaha I like your signature "drink more beer"

Crayfish would be my #2. After getting over the fact that your mentally challenged fish may be thinned out, it's fun watching them hunt.

drink more beer

Crayfish would be my #2. After getting over the fact that your mentally challenged fish may be thinned out, it's fun watching them hunt.

drink more beer

I actually laughed about the mentally challenged fish. But yeah, it's true. Unfortunate, but true.

My blue actually uses food as bait to lure my barbs, and platties. He's perched over an algae tab right now.

drink more beer

My favorite is definitely my elephant nose, he's so personable and I would love to keep more.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's on

drink more beer

Ha! That's hilarious. The fish know to keep their distance, though. A little too close and they're fish food! I caught one once in the wild (brown one though) that had one claw growing back. It was sitting in a crevice under a rock near a stagnant shallow area where the wild fry like to hang out. I think it was trying to catch the fry!!

I'd have to say that Zebra Danios (and their leopard color mutation too) are my third favorite fish because they are so active and can be funny. My dad once had the lid off the tank to trim the plants (the tank is like a jungle when left alone for even a week or two) and one of the danios decided that he wanted to be a flying fish so he jumped out of the water towards the other wall. Luckily he went the long way so he didn't end up on the floor but it was hilarious. Dad's there trimming, and the fish comes flying out of the water XD

My favorite is definitely my elephant nose, he's so personable and I would love to keep more.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How difficult in terms of care would you say that fish is??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom