favorite pet fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Id have to say it's the " tiger oscar " of corse mine likes to drag fake plants all over my tank ... Lol

125gal Oscar ( soon to swap with 75gal ) , 55gal African Cichlids , 75gal waiting for oscar , 10gal ???, 56gal soon to be a planted angel tank

Id have to say it's the " tiger oscar " of corse mine likes to drag fake plants all over my tank ... Lol

125gal Oscar ( soon to swap with 75gal ) , 55gal African Cichlids , 75gal waiting for oscar , 10gal ???, 56gal soon to be a planted angel tank

Oscars are a lot of fun!
Maybe you should make the ten gal a breeding tank to feed some cichlids live fish.

How difficult in terms of care would you say that fish is??

If you don't want one fish in your tank i wouldn't bother. He's looked on in our house as a pet and it's taken a lot of work to get there. But he's been worth of it! :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Oscars are a lot of fun!
Maybe you should make the ten gal a breeding tank to feed some cichlids live fish.

Thought about that , my 56gal column I picked up at a yard sale is still a toss up I might just say hell with it and do a small group of dwarf puffers and use 10 gal for srimp and snails lol and some live fish (food)

If you don't want one fish in your tank i wouldn't bother. He's looked on in our house as a pet and it's taken a lot of work to get there. But he's been worth of it! :)

I actually love the idea of a single fish as a special pet, Ive kept many very smart bass and jaguar cichlids.
But dont you need to feed him special food?

Thought about that , my 56gal column I picked up at a yard sale is still a toss up I might just say hell with it and do a small group of dwarf puffers and use 10 gal for srimp and snails lol and some live fish (food)

That sounds pretty cool. Btw, I recommend endler's guppies or mosquito fish if you're gonna breed feeders.

I was thinking endlers

I actually love the idea of a single fish as a special pet, Ive kept many very smart bass and jaguar cichlids.
But dont you need to feed him special food?

He eats live bait bloodworm, brine shrimp, glassworms and frozen food which I get up early in the morning before it gets light too feed him and again at night.

He eats live bait bloodworm, brine shrimp, glassworms and frozen food which I get up early in the morning before it gets light too feed him and again at night.

was it very hard to find and buy him?

He was ordered in for me. I did have three at one point but my guy beat them up so I took them back.

oooohhhhh......well, you'll know why im posting about a new pet elephant fish soon if i do lol

Let's see, I only have two guppies right now, and I love them but I would love to have a gourami or a Dalmatian Molly...

It's a toss up between oscars, cories and flowerhorns... Although I do miss my upside down asian catfish a lot.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I loved my upsidedown catfish were deff a fav ... Really cool fish ..

He has had his share of fresh fish for sure. I got over it after around the 5th time.

drink more beer

Back
Top Bottom