Favorite Staple Food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kreesdqban

Aquarium Advice Regular
What does everybody choose as their staple diet for their fish?

Personally I like Tetra Tropical Flakes. The fish seem to love it and react well to it. It also does not dirty the water.

Why treat my fish any worse than I treat myself? My staple food - and hence, my fish's staple food - is Dunkin' Donuts.

Only kidding. It's really hot dogs.

(I apologize... I couldn't help myself.) I actually use Tetra flakes - and have for years. I've always had healthy fish and fish that produced many generations of offspring fed on nothing but Tetra and whatever they scrounged from the plants and organisms that live in the substrate.

I have wardley total tropical and tetra color granules for my tetras and platy. My mother has used wardley goldfish foods for years and I figued I'd try out the same brand. My tetras seem to like to have something they can snag and zip around with and the granules work good for that.

My catfish get omega one shrimp pellets and they just shred them. The tetras will even steal the pellets from the catfish and run. They seem to be everyone's overall favorite.

They get the occasional treat of frozen bloodworms and frozen brine shrimp. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom