Feather duster vs cleaner shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chris182

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys

I have noticed my cleaner shrimp going over to my feather duster today and started to pinch at the feather dusters feathers, or at least I think that is what it is doing. Does anyone know if it is hurting the duster, or is this normal/ cleaning behaviour?

Cheers

Chris

The only thing I can think of is stealing food that is on the feathers

Yeah i was thinking that. On closer inspection it would appear to have lost part of one of it's feathers (it suddenly looks shorter than the rest). Dont know what to do? Should I take it out and return it? Or should it be ok?

Not sure what to tell you, I've had a feather duster and a cleaner shrimp together for about a year and I've had to issues. Mine did lose its crown a month or so ago. It took 2 weeks to come back, and now its bigger than ever.

Ok cheers for help. I guess I should just keep an eye on it and see what happens

as nx stated it is more then likely after food. The only other thing is that your duster may be sick or dying.

Got 2 more dusters today and the shrimp do the same to them so I can only assume they are either after food or cleaning them lol

Back
Top Bottom