Feather Duster with Puffer and Tusk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jasonrusso

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 150 gallon with a Porcupine Puffer, Harelquin Tusk, Mombassa Lion, Wartskin Angler, and a dwarf golden eel.

I don't want to get any more fish because at this point there is enough room that everyone gets along (the eel, angler and lion don't move a whole lot so they don't take up much real estate).

I was looking into getting some larger feather dusters, but I'm not sure if the puffer and tusk will eat them. I have small feather dusters on the live rock and on some snails and no one bothers them. If I get a bigger duster, will that attract the tusk and puffer?

Based on my experience, they do not attack the duster.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Feather dusters aren't usually that expensive. I guess I'll try.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I had a dogface puffer and he didnt bother feather dusters, different kind of puffer though. Its worth a try though.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Didn't work out. The poor guy lasted 5 minutes. :(

Wish I seen this earlier I could have told you it wouldn't work. That was one of my first mistakes when I started my salt water tank. If the puffer just got the feather dusters crown it will grow back and you probably won't see any sign of life from it for about a month. If you pick it up and gently squeeze the tube you might feel it hit the side and that's a good way to determine whether or not it's still alive

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If there was any tube left I would try that. It's completely gone.

Back
Top Bottom