feather fin catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Splinter

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, Ive just got an almost 200mm Feather Fin Catfish, which has been in a 3ft tank only half filled and it was very green with no filtration, it is about 8 to 10 years old, so I was told., its now in a filtered tank with a few other fish and seems to be doing very well, I appreciate this is maybe an older fish but luv it and want to look after it the best I can, I've got the algae tablets and a hidden cave area for it to go in and out of, but should I put some sort of wood in the tank, and is there anything else that is a necessity for this species to live a long and happy life, is a very healthy looking FF. Thanks

I was curious to see what he looked like and I have found they can reach 8 inches, but if he's that old it's possible 6.5 inches or 20 centimeters is all he will reach. I think he would like a piece of wood personally.

I have one of these and he's great! They like to have caves to hide in and mine seems to like the driftwood, though I wouldn't call it necessary. Hope this helps! :)

ff catfish

thanks everybit helps, Ive never had catfish before so any advice is welcome, ive seen one at least 3 inches bigger than the one I have , so hopefully all will go well, thanks for replying cheers

Back
Top Bottom