Feeding a Betta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rcguerra

Aquarium Advice FINatic
For those experienced with Bettas, how often do you feed your fish? what kind of diet? I have seem different things from different owners: some feeding every other day others up to three times a day. Any feedback is welcome thank you for your time in advance.

For those experienced with Bettas, how often do you feed your fish? what kind of diet? I have seem different things from different owners: some feeding every other day others up to three times a day. Any feedback is welcome thank you for your time in advance.

I feed mine twice a day. Once in the morning and once at night. Tiny little pinch of omega flakes. Very tiny. Brine shrimp for a treat every once in a while.

Twice a day. Two hikari pellets in the a.m., and a couple of frozen bloodworms or a smidge of frozen brine shrimp in the evening.

Twice a day- 3 in the morning, 3 at night. Daphnia or bloodworms once a week for dinner :D

I feed either once or twice a day. I am of the idea it doesn't hurt them to be a tad hungry sometimes. I feed him pellets and stand there and drop them one at a time till he is done this way there is no leftover food in the tank. Usually about 3-4 pellets before he stops eating. Closer to 5-6 on one time only days. Rather I feed once or twice is on an every other day cycle. For example Monday one time, Tuesday two times, and so on. Once a week he gets blood worms for a treat. Saturdays all of my fish fast before tank cleaning on Sundays.

My betta actually hates pellets so I feed him a small pinch of blood worms about every other day. I feel like it's really easy to over-feed a betta and I'm scared of swim bladder disorder!

Thank you for all the feedback. I am new to this but I am not far from everybody else, so my newly released betta ("released" since he is the sole owner of a 7.7g Mr. Aqua) will do fine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom