Feeding oto cats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michaelungaro1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I have about 3 Otocinclus cats in my 20L but the don’t seem to be interested in any of the food I try for them. So far I’ve tried the omega one red seaweed, algae wafers, and that’s about it. The pleco I have in there loves the wafers. Any ideas?

In a well established tank, they should find plenty to eat in terms of biofilm. How long have you had them? If they were the only occupants in the 20L they should be fine as long as there is adequate filtration/aeration and you are keeping up with water changes.
The the pleco a common pleco? Eventually a 200L might be too small as these grow large.

In a well established tank, they should find plenty to eat in terms of biofilm. How long have you had them? If they were the only occupants in the 20L they should be fine as long as there is adequate filtration/aeration and you are keeping up with water changes.
The the pleco a common pleco? Eventually a 200L might be too small as these grow large.

Sorry... when I said 20L I meant 20 gallon long

I saw the volume correction on the other thread. Though I’ve referred to that tank size as 20L, I just assumed you meant liters in this case.
I drop in an algae water for all of the bottom dwellers (single oto, dwarf cories, Amano shrimp, ramshorn and Malaysian trumpet snails). I occasionally see the oto near the wafer but most of the time it is on the sides of the tank.

I saw the volume correction on the other thread. Though I’ve referred to that tank size as 20L, I just assumed you meant liters in this case.
I drop in an algae water for all of the bottom dwellers (single oto, dwarf cories, Amano shrimp, ramshorn and Malaysian trumpet snails). I occasionally see the oto near the wafer but most of the time it is on the sides of the tank.

Cool... thanks so much. The only reason I asked is because I heard from my brother that Otos can be tricky to feed.

Back
Top Bottom