Feeding red cherry shrimps spinach?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, the pican in the last post are both female. You can tell by the shape of the tail. I'll post a,comparison. The other question about saddled female's. The first saddle doesn't start to form until the female is about to reach sexually maturity. Also, female will hold an egg saddle until a mature molt induced phenom release and a successful mating Happens . then she,will drop the eggs to be fertilized and placed in her swimlets. Also remember it's winter which is notorious for causing a breeding slow down in shrimp. We all experience this. Just keep :popcorn: andyou will still miss it. One day she won't be carrying then the next she will.

Ok, the pican in the last post are both female. You can tell by the shape of the tail. I'll post a,comparison. The other question about saddled female's. The first saddle doesn't start to form until the female is about to reach sexually maturity. Also, female will hold an egg saddle until a mature molt induced phenom release and a successful mating Happens . then she,will drop the eggs to be fertilized and placed in her swimlets. Also remember it's winter which is notorious for causing a breeding slow down in shrimp. We all experience this. Just keep :popcorn: andyou will still miss it. One day she won't be carrying then the next she will.

Alright thanks for that ill be looking forward to seeing the pictures that would really help! :)
But my tank temp is around 26C so shouldnt they breed anyways even though its winter?
Also is the first shrimp by any chance mature enough or fully saddled to breed and become berried after mating?
As i think she has already molted before a while back but didnt become berried :/

And also could you tell me what grade the second shrimp is and whether it is male or female?

Sorry if you've mentioned this before but how long have you had these shrimp and how many do you have?

I have got around about 14 shrimps and I have had them for around about a month and a half I would say

Is that shrimps the second grade?
From looking at the pictures that's what it seems like

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah, would say that's a sakura grade. I would cull anything that has less color than that one. If your diligent about culling. your color will improve over time. Once that start breeding of course.

I have got around about 14 shrimps and I have had them for around about a month and a half I would say

Is that shrimps the second grade?
From looking at the pictures that's what it seems like

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ok, approximately 14 shrimp for just over a month. I have a bunch of questions, if you've already answered this stuff just point me in the right direction.

-What size tank?
-How long has the actual tank been running?
-What type of substrate?
-Do you have live plants?
-Are you using any supplements (cuttle, IAL, alder cones, etc)?
-Are there any fish in the tank?
-What is the water temperature?
-Are all your shrimp from one source?
-How often do you do water changes?
-What type of filter do you use?

I have 5 different shrimp tanks running. I'm not an expert but I'll tell you about my most successful tank (in terms of shrimp fry). It's just under 2g, no filter, no heat. Light source is an incandescent lamp and ambient room lighting. Black sand substrate mixed with a bit of very fine gravel. One piece of cholla wood, small piece of IAL. Planted plants but what I've found all my shrimp really like: floating plants. I feed the tank every other day or so; alternate days I do small water changes (water temp is a steady 74). I started with a dozen shrimp from 2 sources. I lost my first berried shrimp but since then have seen nothing but new fry.

I do get fry in my other tanks as well and what I'm doing isn't for everyone. I just wanted to point out that after getting all the basics set up and maintained that it just takes time and patience. Let nature do its thing (y)

This is the tank I described:

img_3159414_0_64627988c6f3306eb86da4dd3329211f.jpg

Right corner of they tank, they definitely enjoy the cholla wood:

img_3159414_1_5b1451a237a62aa6a1302fea71741afa.jpg

Thanks phishfriend I thought it was the second grade :)
Yeah that is what im planning on doing just need them to start breeding....

Ok, approximately 14 shrimp for just over a month. I have a bunch of questions, if you've already answered this stuff just point me in the right direction.

-What size tank?

-How long has the actual tank been running?

-What type of substrate?

-Do you have live plants?

-Are you using any supplements (cuttle, IAL, alder cones, etc)?

-Are there any fish in the tank?

-What is the water temperature?

-Are all your shrimp from one source?

-How often do you do water changes?

-What type of filter do you use?

I have 5 different shrimp tanks running. I'm not an expert but I'll tell you about my most successful tank (in terms of shrimp fry). It's just under 2g, no filter, no heat. Light source is an incandescent lamp and ambient room lighting. Black sand substrate mixed with a bit of very fine gravel. One piece of cholla wood, small piece of IAL. Planted plants but what I've found all my shrimp really like: floating plants. I feed the tank every other day or so; alternate days I do small water changes (water temp is a steady 74). I started with a dozen shrimp from 2 sources. I lost my first berried shrimp but since then have seen nothing but new fry.

I do get fry in my other tanks as well and what I'm doing isn't for everyone. I just wanted to point out that after getting all the basics set up and maintained that it just takes time and patience. Let nature do its thing (y)

This is the tank I described:

img_3159431_0_64627988c6f3306eb86da4dd3329211f.jpg

Right corner of they tank, they definitely enjoy the cholla wood:

img_3159431_1_5b1451a237a62aa6a1302fea71741afa.jpg

Sure thing thanks for helping me out I appreciate :)

Well basically it's a 5gallon tank (20litre) open top tank and has been running for just about a year now.
I have white/cream ish sand for my substrate and the tank is heavily planted new ones from growing everywhere.
I don't use any supplements that I know of...I don't know if feeding them spinach counts as a supplement.

As for fish I have Molly fry in the tank but they are in a breeding net and will be moved as soon as they grow.
My current temp is around 26C and yes all the shrimps came from one person.

I do water changes every week and I have a sponge filter that is running and has been cycled.

I hope this helps, will be looking forward to hear from you :)

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I woke up this morning to see shrimps kind of running around in my tank but not crazily...i dont know
Heres a video
http://tinypic.com/r/2pqnbjs/8

Also i have a picture of a female shrimp is she ready to drop her eggs anytime soon because her skirt look much bigger than before
Also i can tell you that she has just molted during the night some time
http://tinypic.com/r/2niqx6c/8
http://tinypic.com/r/2ueqydx/8

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Can someone please help me!

Don't take this the wrong way but everybody that has contributed has given you more than adequate information. I will give you more of the same (AGAIN). Perhaps you should review everything on this thread and write down with pen and paper so you understand what folks are saying.

You need to SIT BACK and RELAX.

There's absolutely NOTHING you can do to MAKE this happen. It either will or it won't. Only time will tell.

It's getting quite old (and annoying) asking and giving the same info repetitively. Maybe you'd be better off not having shrimp and something else instead ? Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Don't take this the wrong way but everybody that has contributed has given you more than adequate information. I will give you more of the same (AGAIN). Perhaps you should review everything on this thread and write down with pen and paper so you understand what folks are saying.

You need to SIT BACK and RELAX.

There's absolutely NOTHING you can do to MAKE this happen. It either will or it won't. Only time will tell.

It's getting quite old (and annoying) asking and giving the same info repetitively. Maybe you'd be better off not having shrimp and something else instead ? Just a thought.

+1

Time and patience, try to just enjoy the shrimp instead of all the stress.

Back
Top Bottom