Feeding schedule help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crister13

Aquarium Advice Addict
K, so my tank stats are in my sig. Some of those corals died because of ridiculous nitrates (100+). I do 35% changes a week, tool out filter socks yesterday, and added chemipure elite today just to help. I also am dosing vodka (trying to find daily dose). I think I feed too much. I feed my eel 2 whole shrimp, my grouper a half shrimp, my lobster a half shrimp, my batfish trigger and tang a 1"x1" piece of homemade food (mix of seafood) and 2 sheets of seaweed. This is every other day. I am going to feed every 3rd day or should I feed every other day????? How much should I cut back? What would be a good schedule?

C'mon people's please????? Ik there are some food experts here lol. Also should I rinse the food before I put it in?

I have found that when I make changes to my aquarium setup that some results may take a day or two to respond. Removing a nitrate factory like filter socks will help but not overnight. In addition, water changes my need to be performed a little more often to help a quicker response. My bet is that some of the food you are feeding has had a chance to decay in the filter sock. Only you can witness weather all of the food you are feeding is actually being eaten. In addition, rinsing the food in ro/di water prior to feeding will help more than cause harm. You may give that a try as well. Best of luck to you! Hope things come around.

Back
Top Bottom