Feeding Vegetables

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ya it is! And i reccomend blood worms. Its hilarious bec my angel is a faty and tries to eat worms that arent thawed from the cube yet, so he keeps sucking it it, spitting it out, sucking it in, spitting it out haha. Do you reccoment 1 pea or two?

LOL That's funny. I thaw my frozen cube in a cup of tank water for a few minutes first and then spoon a bit into the tank. The pieces seem large (again my fish are small lol). I only use one pea and I have to fish out leftovers after a while but with bigger fish it may be different. You could start with one and see how they do with it and then add another need be.

librarygirl said:
LOL That's funny. I thaw my frozen cube in a cup of tank water for a few minutes first and then spoon a bit into the tank. The pieces seem large (again my fish are small lol). I only use one pea and I have to fish out leftovers after a while but with bigger fish it may be different. You could start with one and see how they do with it and then add another need be.

I will do!! So just one de shelled pea? No blanching involved? Awesome. Maybe if i feed spinich, theyll be as buff as popeye? Haha

I have a question and didnt really wanna start a new thread. My fish get fed quite a bit, and one fish in particular, my angel, poops alot. I vaccumm every sunday but was wondering what usually happens to poop. Does it break down and become harmful ammonia? Do fish eat it or somthing? My tetras are gross and chase after my angels poop. Thanks!

It breaks down some once its on the gravel. Bits gets dispersed. Some of that is broken down by the BB, some is used by plants, some species of invert eat some of it too. I have seen snails slide over normal food and instead eat poop. In general, fish don't eat it though. I think some eat it some, but most of it broken down by the tank.

absolutangel04 said:
It breaks down some once its on the gravel. Bits gets dispersed. Some of that is broken down by the BB, some is used by plants, some species of invert eat some of it too. I have seen snails slide over normal food and instead eat poop. In general, fish don't eat it though. I think some eat it some, but most of it broken down by the tank.

Hmm thankyou! Its weird bec i see poop on the gravel and thank god its black or id see more. I just didnt want it to stay that way

Back
Top Bottom