Feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EriksFish315

Aquarium Advice Addict
What is the best number one all around food to feed any saltwater fish? And what kind of varied diet would work best? I plan on starting my tank with a pair of clowns go figure.

I feed flakes, pellets on ocassion and mostly frozen foods like Brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, bloodworms, emerald entree cubes and whatever else I have laying about.
So the answer is there really isn't ONE food but several that you should rotate to give your critters a nice healthy varied diet. :)

Right that's what I thought I do the very same with my cichlids. Also any specific brand or protein level for the best color. I try to do the best for the fishes.

I use new spectrum for the pellets and spirulina flakes for their veggie. Because I have so many tank I buy the 1 lb flat packs of bloodworms, mysis and brine. I just break off a small section when I need to feed.

Not sure about protein levels though never gave it much thought though I do know that regular brine shrimp isn't the most vitamin packed. lol Your overall feeding habits will be dictated by what you have in the tank pretty much. Clowns tend to eat anything so you should be good with them. Some fish require alot of veggies in their diet so you can change the menu as you go. LOL

Alright thanks your very helpful. I have been using new life spectrum for my cichlids after using hikari and there colors have become very vibrant. So I will deff get some for the marine fish.

I mix it up with brine. Mysis. Bloodworms. And diff random frozen food. But I also does vitamins in mine. And have noticed an extreme diff in color shortly after dowsing. So now I prep the night before and let soak in te fridge overnight.

San Francisco Bay has a saltwater multi pack I use. It has enriched brine, squid, emerald entree, and I think plankton in cubes. I rotate through that and flakes myself.

I just picked up some different foods. My only problem is when I fed the new life spectrum it sank to the bottom before the fish even saw the pellets.mshould turn off Powerheads?

Back
Top Bottom