Feeler: How low will you sell me RCS for?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chinoanoah

Aquarium Advice Freak
If you read the thread title, then you know my question....

LFS guy says he can get my RCS for $10 a pop, which is way more than I am going to pay for a new bug to try out in my tank. Any RCS breeders out there able to sell for less?

Thanks, RCS breeders.

Are u talking about crs ( crystal red shrimp)? Rcs ( red cherry shrimp) should not cost you anywhere near $10 each.

I meant Red Cherry Shrimp, thats what the LFS said, but what is a common price for either? (per shrimp)

Here RCS go for $5 they aren't very good quality, as in really red. Unless those shrimp are really bright red they are over charging.

I bought mine from bs6749 above me for very cheap, with very good quality. ALOT cheaper then 10 or 5 dollars a pop. If I could get that I would be really rich :D

Ben, how are your shrimp doing? My RCS and yellows just recently started to breed again. I had some length of time there where my yellows weren't doing much and now I see a couple of yellow females LOADED with eggs and I can't even count how many RCS I have that are berried! I also see tons of little ones in the tank that look like they just hatched in the past 2-3 days. Getting ready to move my RCS over to my 29g I think and keep them with my CRS/CBS. I'll move my discus over to the 55g then.

Ben, how are your shrimp doing? My RCS and yellows just recently started to breed again. I had some length of time there where my yellows weren't doing much and now I see a couple of yellow females LOADED with eggs and I can't even count how many RCS I have that are berried! I also see tons of little ones in the tank that look like they just hatched in the past 2-3 days. Getting ready to move my RCS over to my 29g I think and keep them with my CRS/CBS. I'll move my discus over to the 55g then.

Well the berried rcs you sent me has obv. had her eggs, but I only could find one little rcs. I don't know where the rest went.

Then I have about 3 berried yellow shrimp, so that's good. Over all they have been doing good, and there colors are really coming in well, they have an amazing strain.

I'd like to see some pics of the yellows and compare them to the ones in my tank. I have mine in with light colored pool filter sand and they are a little lighter. If I switch the sand over to Tahitian moon sand, which I may do soon, I'm sure their colors will pop back out. I'm really surprised that you have so many berried yellow shrimp already. You are obviously taking care of them correctly or else they wouldn't be breeding for you. Keep up the good work.

As far as the RCS babies, they are less than 2mm in length so they will be hard to spot. I'm sure you'll see more of them relatively soon. I bet she had at least 20-30 of them survive.

Yup, i've been treating them pretty well :D. I'll take a pic sometime once I get a better light over them. I took their good light and put it on my 55. I could switch them to just take some pictures, then switch it back.

Back
Top Bottom