Female betta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieKlein

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a male betta by himself, and I am getting a 29 gallon tank and ibdont think I could add him into it, but I love bettas! So could I add a female betta?
The stocking I currently would want is...
1 apistogramma
1 German blue ram
1 dwar gourami
1 scarlet badis( doubtful, as I don't think I'll be able to find one)
1 swordtail
6 cherry barbs
4 Pygmy or Julii Cory's
2 bumblebee gobys( positive these guys are freshwater)
3 guppyS
So could I swap te scarlet for the female betta? And would a rainbow shark not work no matter what?

Nope not at all would a shark work. Also, you'll have to choose between the betta or gourami.

I'll choose the gourami then, why can't I have both tho? And how does the rest of my stock sound?

CharlieKlein said:
I'll choose the gourami then, why can't I have both tho? And how does the rest of my stock sound?

You can't have both because A) your tank will be overstocked and B) both those fish are from the same family, there will most Likely result in fighting

CharlieKlein said:
So am I ok without the betta? And if I don't to the scarlet could I add 1 cherry barb?

I personally think your stocked but its up to you

Ok thanks! And what would I need to remove to include a picturs catfish or repeal catfish? I really want a bottom dweing fish that is above 4 incheas

Um yeh you CAN have a rainbow shark and Gouramis in the same tank with a betta. I'm doing it now with my 20 gallon. My stock is unbelievable in my 20. If anyone calls my bluff let me know and I'll send you a video of my guys along with my striped Raphael, hi fin pleco, featherfin catfish and a couple others. Everyones tank is different my friend.

I keep a very nice Male Betta in my 37 gal with a spotted Raphael Cat(he's the kind that hide all the time), and a Pearl Gourami, but a nice one, his brother had to go as he was an A hole to all the other fish and killed one other. Bamboo shrimp and Amano shrimp, with tetras. LOTS of plants and hiding places too.

It has most to do with the personality of the fish.

Many Bettas are angry to have other snails or shrimp or fish with them. The one I have now in the community tank, loved to swim around with a pack of Red tailed male guppies like he was one of their pals. In a different tank now... He hangs out in his own space, swims all over next to the other fish, eats next to the other fish and haven't ever seen him bite or nip at any of them.

The aggressive Pearl Gourami was as bad as most semi-aggressive fish I have seen, not suited for my nice, friendly tank, but the brother is fine, so sweet and delicate, complete opposites in the same batch.

Back
Top Bottom