Female clown making male turn pale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Allisonzim28

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys,
I have had my clowns for over a year and the one is clearly the female (she's bigger, meaner, darker on her back, etc) they went from a 12gal to a 40gal with a slow transition and were fine for about 2 weeks but now she's getting really aggressive and at feeding time she gets nasty and keeps him in the corner for the rest of the day. He's starting to look a little worn and pale and he's been swimming upside-down and side ways. He even has a black spot behind his fin. I separated her for a few so he can breath. What do I do? He looks like he'll die if she keeps this up. Funny thing is there are lots of caves too....

Temp - 75-78
All parameters are where they should be.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401487107.233969.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401487131.442046.jpg

How did you separate them?

I would leave them apart until he is looking better and try reintroducing her (if he is still in the tank and she is elsewhere). I've seen stories where this sort of thing worked.

The female is quarantined in the tank. The male is starting to swim around now. And this has happened before when they were in a small tank and I put the male in the bigger tank first and then her... It seemed to have worked for a long time now.

Back
Top Bottom