Female Gourami's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lawrie.1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i brought these 2 dwarf gouramis the other day and i was wondering if they were male or female or both. im hoping they are both so i can try to breed them. can anyone help and tell me what sex they are?

thanks heaps:D

Attachments

• DSC00526.jpg
    DSC00526.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC00529.jpg
    DSC00529.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 97
They both look like females to me.(in response to lawrie.1, the ones in the original post look to be both males)
As for males getting along together?
I have 3 males and they did become somewhat aggressive to each other when I had them in my 20 gallon but not to the point of injury. since I have moved them to my 75 gallon they get along great.

I don't know that those are females: do they ever have more color than we're seeing in their pictures? Those could be just waking up males.

I was basing my post partly on the shape of the dorsal fin.
My males dorsal fins come to a definite point at the rear.(compare to the pics in the first post)
Although I do not have female dwarfs I do have female gouramis and the fins on them are rounded at the rear as in the 2 pics above. Although a better pic of the dorsal fins standing up would help.

thanks guys. the top one has a bit more colour in real life.. its a bit more red.
if they start to lose colour is that bad?
whats rong with them? the bottom one is starting to lose colour and its fading away . its happening at the back of the fish but the otherone is fine. is it sick?

Back
Top Bottom