fighting fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can you get a pic of the smaller clown so we can see its condition? Sometimes a small nip of the fin missing won't do much harm, but if its fins look tattered/torn and there is labored breathing and/or swimming it should be removed into the fuge to heal it up and try again once reconditioned or taken back. A pic would help.

i am trying to get a pic but he wont stop swiming so i can geta good picture. its just a small chunk its not tattered or torn. heres a pic to compare in sizes

The size differentiation is fine. If the smaller clown is still behaving normally then just keep an eye on it. Increased food portions or increased times fed may also help curb aggression by allowing enough food for all. Do make sure food is soaked in a vitamin supplement, such as selco, to aid in healing processes.

i have bumped up feeding and i have noticed that the smaller clown is not eating. i am going to go out this evening and get a garlic and vitaman soak and try that.
the larger one seems to like the frozen mysis shrimp i have. so i might just feed that for the next few days. is there any other foods i should try. (frozen) i wanted to make my own but i dont have any blender or food processer to do it with.
any suggestion.
by the way dont let the pictures mislead you the small clown is less then half the actural size of the larger one. its just the way the pictures came out.

well its been 3 days and the little guy is still alive. i dont see a pinch stomach on the little clown so i guess hes eating. what? i have no idea. i Feed flakes, pellets and mysis shrimp and he dont touch it. mabey he is eating the alage or food that sunk to the bottom. his color is sorta brighting up and becoming more bold from what i see. though hanging around the top of the tank for most of the night he seems fine. i still see the larger one pick at him every once in a wile but i think hes getting the point hes not liked yet. so i try to target feed as much as i can and hope for the best.

Sounds good. You may want to try soaking the food in garlic or selcon to entice the smaller clown to eat. Other than that just monitor things and give it time.

this evening i feed the small clown some flake food and he eat it right up.. he had some trouble with the ora glow pellets getting them down due to they were a little too big.
thanks for all the help i will keep u guys posted on the health of him and if they spawn :)

Spawning takes awhile. Mine have been clearing a rock by their anemone for a couple months now, but nothing yet. They may still need to do some maturing/growing, I'm not sure. FWIW there is alot of info available online about pairing/breeding clowns. There are forums dedicted to it as well.

Could it be they both like that corner because of the carpet anemone? I don't have clowns, but is it possible the new clown is trying to host that anemone and the existing clown is defending it?

i dont have my carpet anemone any more i traded ziggy for it. hes doing alot better then he would have done in my tank. so i found him a better home.
but i think i have good news the little clown i think made a home in the far right top cornor above the PH i have. he sleeps there all night till the lights come on. the larger one goes any were he pleases and i think they are becoming buddies now.

Back
Top Bottom