Figured something out about my skimmer...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bassetbros

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm new to protein skimmers and have been having a time with my Jebo 180. It seems to be over skimming big time...I have to empty the cup ever 15 minutes or so. I even added a drain port so I could attempt to break it in. I've tried adjusting the air valve but to no avail.

But I did figure something out...there is not enough air being sucked into the venturi. I can blow on the hose ever so slightly and the water level in the skimmer goes down and the unit stops over skimming. Today I tried hooking an air pump to the venturi and adjusting it with a plastic valve but couldn't get the adjustments quite right. I'm going to get a higher quality gang valve tomorrow hoping that there will be a little finer adjustment.

Has anyone else had this trouble and if so...how did you fix it?

Man...skimmers are frustrating

God Bless,
Basset

if you read my earlier post about the Seaclone. Im trying the same tactic. It works when i blow into the hose, so you might have to get a finer in-line gang valve in order to get the correct airflow.

jebo 180

i also am having a hard time with my jebo 180, does anyone have the instuctions for hanging on tank??

I just like to say that having seen other skimmers in action, I like remora protein skimmers the best.

i dont know what skimmer i have but i hooked up the smallest airpump size to the hose that sucks in and now it works perfect and the guy who sold it to me is pissed

I haven't had these issues... aparently, the more air the more it wants to overflow. Like I've said before, I only have the venturi nozel unscrewed about 2-2.5 turns.

I was even able to flip the u-tube so I could fit it into my sump/fuge.

Back
Top Bottom