Filling Up My Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I think I have taken on too much. 1 55 gal and 1 75 gal.

I am finally getting around to building my sump. I need to purchase glass for the micro bubble trap. My 40gallon breeder which is my sump/ref has the following dimensions 15.75 " Height
18" external Width Tank uses 3/16 " glass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What size should I get for the glass?

I would just take it to a glass shop and let them do it. They will make it perfect then you can silicone it in. You only need them to sand one edge. The glass shop I went to only charged me 30 bucks.

I have read somewhere that the glass for the bubble trap should be 2/3 the height of the sump. Does that sound correct?

No. It would depend on how high the first partition is. It's got to be lower than or equal to that, and I would make the first partition the height of the recommended skimmer depth if possible. The raised partition simply needs to be able to handle whatever water you are going to push under it. I used a few cd cases to hold up my second panel while it was being glued in. Keep in mind how much the sump is going to fill up when the power goes out too. You need ample room for that extra water.

So my Skimmer is a Skimz Monzter SM121 Internal Protein Skimmer. How do I find the recommended depth?

I figured out the recommended depth for my skimmer. 7-9.5".

I'm now putting my sump together.

The section shown is where the water will come into the sump through a sock filter then into the chamber containing the skimmer.

Why not have it come into the skimmer chamber first? I put the skimmer and filter sock in the same compartment.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430655613.475809.jpg Here shows the filter sock and skimmer in same chamber. Is this what you were thinking?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430663863.388165.jpg Maybe this will give you a better picture of what I'm thinking.

Back
Top Bottom