Filter for divided tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bettalover123

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So my baby guppies are getting to an age and size that are ready to be transferred and I want to divide the tank to prevent more breeding. I plan to use corrugated plastic to divide the tank. I encountered a problem realizing how am I going to filter both sides? So I plan to use this air driven filter https://www.amazon.com/Hygger-Aquar...pY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1
I decided that why don't I bury part of that filter within the gravel just enough that the sponges are still sticking out. Then I put the divider in between it so I can filter both side of the tank. Please see the picture I attached for a better reference. I wanted to know if this would work or not.

Attachments

• divider plan.jpg
    divider plan.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 13
That might work!

Also check up on (Hamburg) Matten filters. There are a few people who use them to filter and divide tanks. And just heard a talk from our Colorado Aquarium Society speaker and one of the participants was mentioning about a number of keepers are using them for tank dividing so maybe that would also help in your case.

You could use 2 back to back maybe, and rinse one at a time when cleaning is needed. Surely there are some videos, or perhaps someone else here had done either of these things!!! That is a very creative idea!

Back
Top Bottom